Professional sport is one of the most competitive industries in the entire world. Sporting clubs and organisations want to make sure that they are employing the best in class in order to give themselves an advantage over their opponents. As such, sports professionals need to have the most cutting-edge and up-to-date qualifications they possibly can.
The MSc in Sports Performance Analysis from Portobello Institute is designed with the working professional in mind who wants to take the big step in their careers.
Delivered through blended learning to fit around your professional commitments, you will learn from some of the strongest minds in sports analysis in the country. This degree is awarded by Liverpool John Moore’s University, an institution that is consistently recognised for its prowess in sports education
The course is designed for those students considering entering employment in sports technology or professional performance domains. Excellent links with sports technology companies and performance sports domains will allow all students to experience a practical-based placement as part of their course.
The course furthermore aims to develop students’ ability to work independently, in proposing and developing solutions to problems in a systematic and effective manner, and in communicating confidently and clearly both in writing and verbally. It enables the demonstration of the graduate attributes of self-awareness; performance in a variety of idioms and contexts; and ethical and creative considerations.
Within this programme, you will learn the following practical skills as they pertain to performance analysis
- Analyse the degree, to which the performance sports sector has incorporated advances in technology and assess the impact that this has had on applied practices.
- Foster a critical awareness of global sports performance analysis development in the context of evidence-based practice.
- Appraise various operational strategies employed in sports performance and sports technology domains.
- Investigate and evaluate.
- Foster critical awareness and thorough understanding of the performance sports sector, combining knowledge and analysis acquired to develop a relevant industry-specific original report to a professional standard.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and understanding of the performance sports sector and the external context in which it operates, to evaluate strategic choices and make informed strategic decisions for change implementation.
- Conduct independent research and use acquired knowledge to analyse and evaluate specific issues surrounding the performance sports sector.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, self – reflection and self-development to promote higher level transferrable skills.
Get in contact
If you are interested in any of our Sports degrees or courses, you can check out our department page.
You can book a one-to-one, free consultation call with our expert advisor Jo Shaw here, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 892 0024.